Wheat bread in the bread machine
The first thing novice bread makers usually want to learn how to make is this, the most popular type of bread. A crusty wheat loaf on the table is relevant at any time of the day or year, and making this bread in the bread machine is an elementary process that even a novice can do.
The classic recipe for wheat bread in the bread machine is also good because it allows a variety of “variations on the theme” – you can add your favorite spices and seasonings, onions or garlic, sprinkle the loaf with cumin or sesame seeds, and you will get a completely different bread, with its own unique flavor and aroma.
1. so, first of all, let’s decide on the butter – for more rich bread, morning bread, it’s better to take butter, and for lean, dinner bread, vegetable is ideal. If you opt for butter, take it out of the fridge in advance or heat it a little in the microwave so that it becomes soft.
2. The water should also be heated – in a warm environment, the yeast will begin to ferment more quickly and intensively.
3. Put the ingredients in the bowl of the baker in the order that is specified in the instructions – pour the yeast, salt and sugar, sift the flour, pour the water, put or pour the butter, etc. If you want to add spices, now is the time to do it!
4. Turn on the baking oven and activate the “Knead Dough” mode. It will last a short time, about 15 minutes. After the signal of the end of kneading, you should check the condition of the loaf: if the dough is too liquid – add a little flour and knead again.
5. Let the dough rest and rise for half an hour, then turn on the “Wheat Bread” or “Basic” mode, select the thickness and color of the crust, press “Start”.
6. After the allotted time (usually 1.5-2 hours), take out of the bread maker a ruddy, puffy wheat loaf. This bread is good with soup, with second courses or as a base for sandwiches.
Bon appétit, bakers!
- Wheat flour – 2 Cups
- Water – 250 Milliliters
- Oil (butter or vegetable) – 2 Tablespoons
- Salt – 1 Tsp.
- Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
- Dry yeast – 1 Teaspoon
- Spices – To taste (Optional)